Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Morning Daybreak

Sitting in the sand with nothing but the sound of waves crashing on the shore in front of me. Their consistancy sings an understood life of reach and fall as though their only goal is to reach the light of the hazy boardwalk lamps behind me. Its night time...well...early morning and the same darkness that shrouds nightmares and closeted monsters seems to climb from the sea and surround each and every brilliantly clear star. But there's a sense of appeal like Luther Vandross's outfits on Centric reruns of Soul Train; sparkling.
Drawing me as though there was some distant spotlight setting the mood for my soft soiled stage...
Normally this scene would be considered peaceful. People come to the beach for miles just for this moment, just for this....peace. hmm...Maybe when the suns out but at night ,for me, it is the very opposite of peace. Ignoring the parable to build your house on solid ground my mind builds its platform on quick sand and this sand....this sand is the perfect place for it to be a one man band; playing.
Constantly playing thoughts of what's next with not so suttle tones of those that shouldn't be present. All seemingly ignited by my actions, fueled by the split wood of being without my other half and not knowing exactly what I want for my future; when I grow up. I've always been told that I was much more mature than my age but it never made sense because by now shouldn't I have a plan? A clear cut goal that I can focus my energy on? But it seems that my desires are reaching and falling back as though their only goal is to be in the light of a hazy future; Waving.
Wavering loyalty as I play with the thought of being with the girl i've known for years but not wanting to push anything...destroying what years of friendship had built. It wouldn't be wise to chip away at the rock that I call my support; self destruction.
I battle my own desires keeping close tabs on my right hand since my texts get wreckless as I realize I really do love my bestest. Or maybe cuz of BET's lack of good programming i've watched too many reruns of Love and Basketball who's story line and my minds solo performance has me longing for a duet....or maybe not just looking for peace.
And if there was any it was in this moment where my mind, stripped of its stage, fell silent. The day breaks, the stars go home and the clouds sweep across like busboys after the nights open mic. The inviting darkness fades into the flamboyant sunrise and seagulls return like the hungover employees from thirsty thursday. I follow like Simon Says the movement of the sun.
I get up...leaving all traces of my presence to be washed away by persistence. I guess this was only a vacation...
"Goodmorning [daybreak]...you old [peaceful] friend……"

~A.Moore


So this looks like its going to work as my post andddd my poem. Lol. I actually love the beach. I wanted to figure out a way to share with y'all the moments I have been experiencing at 4am sitting on the balcany over the beach. I figured i'd also have to be a lil honest with my thoughts to really bring you here. (Goodmorning heartache by Billy Holiday played in my head throughout writing...random? Maybe not) I'll post some pics of the sunrise if I can. As always, tell me your thoughts and Continued Blessings.

Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment